Pasta with Sausage and Pesto
- 1 lb. shell pasta
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 +1 tsp Olive Oil
- grated peel and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 package fully cooked or ready to serve chicken sausage links, diced
1. Cook pasta according to package directions
2. Process basil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan, peper and salt. With machine running slowly poor in 1/2 cup oil. Blend until smooth, transfer to bowl. Stir in lemon peel and juice.
3. heat remaining 1 tsp oil in lge. skillet over med. high heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring until edges brown.
4. DRain pasta, Toss with sausage and pesto in large bowl, serve immediately