Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies from Jacques Torres
- 1 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 4 1/4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 5 Egg Whites
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/3 cup Dark Chocolate (chips or pistols)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Adapted from abc.go.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray. Then place a sheet of parchment paper on top and spray with cooking spray.
Place Chocolate and Walnuts in 2 separate zip top bags. Use a rolling pin to crush Walnuts and Chocolate into crumbs. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the Cocoa Powder, Powdered Sugar, and Salt until all lumps are eliminated. Stir in the Egg Whites, Vanilla and the reserved Walnuts and Chocolate. Mix until well combined.
Use an ice cream scoop to scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Let cookies cool completely on sheet tray. Serve warm, room temperature or put in the refrigerator overnight and serve cold!
1. No oil and flour used in recipe
2. Let cookies cool completely on sheet tray
3. This can be served warm, at room temperature, or cold