Corned beef & Cabbage Spring Roll
Traditional Irish fare but with an modern day twist, corned beef and cabbage spring roll. Oh, and don't forget the cool, frothy Guinness, not for the recipe but just to have while making the dish!
- 10 spring roll wrappers
- 6 cups hot water for soaking wrappers
- 1 pound cooked white cabbage or use a 116-ounce. package Sauerkraut, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced corned beef, julienne
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4-ounces Swiss cheese, shredded and chilled
- 1 quart peanut oil or other high heat oil
- Thousand Island dressing
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from irishcentral.com
Sauté the minced onion in olive oil over a medium flame until translucent, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
Place cooked cabbage or sauerkraut in a lint-free dishcloth and wring out any remaining water or brine. Place cabbage or sauerkraut in large mixing bowl. Add pepper, caraway seeds, onion, and cheese. Mix thoroughly. Set aside.
Soak one spring roll wrapper in hot water. Use tongs to remove wrapper. Place on prep area. Wrapper may stick so a lint-free cloth may be used under wrapper.
Ingredients should be added 1-inch from the edge closest to the preparer.
Add 6 slices of corned beef and then cabbage from the left to right side of the spring roll wrapper. You may have to adjust amounts, less or more, depending on the size of the wrapper or desired fullness. Fold left and right sides of wrapper over edges of filling. Roll wrapper from bottom. Repeat with remaining spring roll wrappers.
Heat the oil to 375°F. Fry spring rolls until golden brown and drain on paper towels. Cut in half. Serve hot with a side of Thousand Island dressing.
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker Indian Spiced Chicken... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Tortellini with Mushroom Alfredo... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Fresh Berry Salad with Arugula and... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Duck Fat and Cracklings 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Edamame & Ricotta Toasts 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Pan-Roasted Corn and Tomato Salad 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Beef Doritos Casserole 4.1/5 (39 Votes)
- Corn Bread Shortcake with Ham &... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)