Muffins: HG's Sweet-Cream Pumpkin
Serving Size: 1 muffin (1/12th of recipe)
PointsPlus® value 3*
- 4 oz. fat-free cream cheese
- 2 1/2 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
- 1 tbsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 1/3 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (not packed)
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups, or spray it with nonstick spray.
To make the filling, in a medium bowl, combine cream cheese with Splenda, and stir until smooth. Add egg substitute and vanilla extract, and stir until uniform.
To make the muffins, in a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
In medium-large bowl, combine remaining muffin ingredients, and whisk until uniform. Add to the flour mixture, and stir until just mixed and smooth. (Batter will be thick.)
Evenly distribute half of the muffin batter among the cups of the muffin pan, and smooth out the surfaces.
Use a spoon to form an indentation in the surface of each cup of batter, large enough to hold about 2 tsp. filling. Evenly distribute the filling among the indentations.
Evenly distribute remaining batter among the cups, and smooth out the surfaces. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 16 - 18 minutes. Enjoy!
MAKES 12 SERVINGS