- 1 can chicken broth (Swanson low-salt)
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach thawed, sqeezed
- 2 ounces chicken cooked, cubed, or shredded
- 2 ounces ground beef in meatballs, cooked
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1/2 egg beaten
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 dash hot sauce if desired
Simmer chicken, ground beef, onion and celery in chicken broth 5 minutes.
In small bowl, add parmesan to beaten egg and mix thoroughly. Add egg mixture, spinach and spices to soup. Stir to distribute egg mixture. Simmer 5 minutes and serve hot.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
ECC = <4g