Swordfish En Salsa Verde
- 5 fresh tomatillos - (to 6) husks removed, and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped onion
- 2 serrano or jalapeño peppers seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon Splenda
- 4 fresh or frozen 1"-thk swordfish steaks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Olive oil as needed
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado seeded, peeled, and coarsely chopped
Stir together the tomatillos, onion, serrano or jalapeño peppers, cilantro, lime peel, and Splenda in a non-metal mixing bowl. Set aside.
Thaw fish if frozen. Combine salt, cumin, black pepper. Brush fish with olive oil. Sprinkle with cumin mixture. Stir avocado into the salsa verde.
Grill fish on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 8 to 12 minutes or just until fish begins to flake easily when tested with a fork, turning once halfway through grilling time.
Serve with salsa verde.
This recipe yields 4 servings; 5 carb grams per serving.