Shrimp In Mustard Cream
- 24 jumbo shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1 teaspoon chicken broth granules
- 1 cup cream
- 2 sticks butter plus
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons Creole mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or green onion tops
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy flour
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
Heat a large saute pan over high heat with 3 tablespoons butter. When hot, stir fry half of the shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from pan and repeat with the rest of the shrimp.
Deglaze the pan with sherry until the liquid has evaporated. Add 1/2 stick butter, then saute onions and tarragon for about 2 minutes. Add flour and cook for 3 minutes.
Add cream and chicken stock granules, then cook for about 4 minutes or until mixture thickens. Whisk in butter, 2 tablespoons at a time.
Add mustard, salt and pepper. If sauce separates, re-whisk it briskly. Add shrimp and heat through.
This recipe yields 4 servings; 4 carb grams per serving.