Shrimp And Fresh Tomato Tequila Cocktail
- 2 pounds fully-ripened fresh Florida tomatoes
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liquor (optional)
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked large or jumbo shrimp shelled, cleaned (leave tail shell on)
Remove stem ends from tomatoes and finely chop.
In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, jalapeño, lime zest, salt, pepper, tequila, lime juice, liquor (if using) until blended. Chill overnight (works best).
Spoon an equal amount of the tomatoe salsa into 6 margarita or wine glasses. Surround with chilled shrimp, dividing evenly. Serve with additional lime wedges and fresh cilantro as a garnish.
This recipe yields 6 servings; 8 carb grams per serving.