Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 4 small acorn squash - (abt 4" dia ea)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 1 pound bulk breakfast sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar-free maple syrup
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut both ends off of the squash and then cut each into 2 "rounds" for a total of 8 slices. Scoop out seeds and fibers from center slices and discard. Arrange squash rings in single layer in a baking dish.
Melt butter in heavy medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and green onion; sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to large bowl; cool. Mix in sausage, pepper and salt. Divide mixture into 8 portions and mound mixture in center of squash rings. (Can be preepared 1 day ahead covered and refrigerated.)
Brush sausage and squash with half of syrup. Bake 15 minutes. Brush with remaining syrup and bake until squash are tender and sausage is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings; 4.5 carb grams per serving.
You'll also love
- Portuguese Pork Tenderloin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Chops Paprikash 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Parmesan-Fried Zucchini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mexican Style Chicken-Lime Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crushed Olives 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cabbage-Sausage-Beef Goulash 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Turkey Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Popcorn Garlic Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)