Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
Chicken legs and thighs slow cooked in tomato sauce with mushrooms, onion, green bell pepper, garlic, and plenty of oregano.
- 4 chicken thighs, skin removed if desired
- 4 chicken legs, skin removed if desired
- 1 (15-ounce) can chunky Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 (4.5-ounce) jar Green Giant Whole Mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 500mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
In 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients except water and flour; mix gently.
Cover; cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours.
With slotted spoon, remove chicken and vegetables from slow cooker; place in serving bowl. Cover to keep warm.
In small bowl, combine water and flour; blend well. Stir into liquid in slow cooker. Increase heat to high setting; cover and cook an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir well; spoon mixture over chicken. If desired, serve with hot cooked pasta.