Pork Chops Paprikash
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium onion very thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons paprika divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork chops (abt 1/2"-thk - 4 to 5 oz ea)
- 1/3 cup well-drained sauerkraut
- 1/3 cup sour cream
Preheat broiler with rack 4 to 5 inches from heat.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Separate onion slices into rings; add to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and tender, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the paprika, garlic salt and pepper over both sides of the pork chops. Place chops on rack of broiler pan. Broil 5 minutes. Turn; broil until chops are no longer pink in center, 4 to 5 minutes.
Combine onion with sauerkraut, sour cream and remaining 1/4 teaspoon paprika; mix well. Garnish chops with onion mixture, or spread onion mixture over chops and return to broiler. Broil just until hot, about 1 minute.
This recipe yields 4 servings; 5 carb grams per serving.
You'll also love
- Pork Chops Florentine 0/5 (0 Votes)