Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulate sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups Quaker Oats (Quick or Old Fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup raisins
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
4. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
5. Stir in oats and raisins; mix well.
6. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. I always bake 11 minutes.
Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
Makes about 4 dozen.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes in ungreased 13x9-inch metal baking pan.