Bacon Corncakes with Warm Maple Cream
From the Pillsbury Bake-Off (Karen Harris)
- 8 slices bacon
- 10 oz frozen shoepeg white corn and butter sauce
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour (self-rising)
- 2/3 cup maple-flavored syrup
Preparation time 30mins
In 12 inch skillet, cook bacon 8 minutes over medium-high heat or until crispy around edfges. Remove from skillet; drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings; set aside. Microwave frozen corn as directed on box. Pour into medium bowl; set aside.
In blender or food porcessor, place 1/2 cup of the condensed milk, 1 cup water, egg and 3 tablespoons of the corn.Cover; blend on high speed 5-10 seconds or until smooth.,
IN 2 quart bowl, place milk mixture, flour, bacon drippingsand the remaining corn; mix until blended. Set aside. Spray griddle or skillet with a no-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Stir batter; for each corncake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto griddle. Crumble 1/2 slice cooked bacon over each corncake. Cook 1-2 minutes or until bubbly on top and dry around edges. Turn; cook the other side until golden brown.
Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, mix the remaining sweetened condensed milk and syrup. Microwave on high 30-60 seconds, stirring once, or until thoroughly heated. Serve over corncakes.
You'll also love
- Pears a la Creme 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seared Cod with Sautéed Greens &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Old School Melon Cocktail 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Citrus Pork Kebabs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon & Cheese Mini... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crumbed Eggplant 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Rendang (Rendang Daging 0/5 (0 Votes)
- TNT SMOKED PORK LOIN 0/5 (0 Votes)