CHEESY CAJUN HASH BROWNS
- 2 tblsp butter
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 tblsp flour
- 1 1/4 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 bag (20 oz) refrigerated shredded has brown potatoes
- chopped green onion, if desired
Heat oven to 350. Spray 1 ½ qt casserole with cooking spray.
In 12 in nonstick skillet, melt butter over med heat. Cook onion in butter 3-4 min, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender. Stir in flour and seasoning until combined. Slowly pour milk into onion mixture, stirring constantly until mixture is well combined and slightly thickened.
Reduce heat to med-low. Stir in cheddar cheese and ½ cup of the Parmesan until melted. Fold in potatoes until evenly coated with cheese sauce. Spoon mixture into casserole.
Bake uncovered 30 min. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup Parmesan.
Bake 14-17 min longer or until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions.