CHEDDAR WAFFLES WITH APPLEWOOD BACON BUTTER
- 1 slice applewood bacon
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tblsp melted butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup grated extra sharp cheddar
- pure maple syrup
For the bacon butter: in a small skillet cook bacon until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to cool; crumble. In a small bowl combine crumbled bacon and butter. Place in plastic wrap and tightly roll into a small cylinder. Refrigerate until firm.
For the waffles: in a medium bowl whisk together egg cream, flour, baking powder, salt, water, butter, cayenne and ¼ cup water until just blended. (Batter will be lumpy) Stir in cheddar.
Coat an 8 inch waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and heat according to manufacturer’s directions. Cook waffles 4-6 minutes or until golden. Serve with bacon butter and maple syrup.
You'll also love
- Lemon Caper Beurre Blanc Seafood... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Texas-Style Peanut Butter Baked... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheesy Ranch Broccoli &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easy Canned Venison 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon-Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Banana Lactation... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Aunt Rose's Apple Kuchen 0/5 (0 Votes)