- OPTIONAL GARNISHES:
- 2 cups tomatoes peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 jalapeño halved, seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 8 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups tomato or vegetable juice
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped cucumber
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly-ground black pepper
- Chopped avocado
- Chopped scallions
- Peeled shrimp
- Tabasco sauce
Place tomatoes, garlic and jalapeño in food processor and blend. Add oil, vinegar and lime juice. Puree until smooth.
In a large bowl, combine tomato mixture with remaining ingredients.
Cover and refrigerate overnight. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Serve in short glasses as an appetrizer or in bowls as a first course. Place condiments in small serving dishes on the table, so guests can garnish as they desire.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
ECC = 11g