SAVORY AND SWEET BREAKFAST BISCUIT SLIDERS
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 box (9oz) Green Giant frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp water
- 1 can (16.3oz) Pillsbury Grands! Homestyle refrigerated Southern Style biscuits (8)
- 1 tblsp Crisco Pure Canola oil
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 3 tblsp butter, cut into 1/2 in pieces
- 32 cocktail picks, if desired
- 8 fresh strawberries, quarterd, if desired
Heat oven to 350. In large bowl, mix sausage, spinach, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Shape mixture into 8 patties, 3 inches in diameter.
In small bowl, beat egg and water with wire whisk or fork until blended. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. On ungreased cookie sheet, place biscuits 2 inches apart; brush with egg mixture. Bake 11-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
Meanwhile, heat 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add half of the oil and 4 sausage patties; cook 5-8 minutes on each side or until pork is no longer pink in the center. Remove to paper-lined towel plate; cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and patties.
In small microwavable bowl, microwave jam uncovered on high 20-30 seconds or until hot and bubbly; stir in butter with wire whisk until melted. Using serrated knife, split biscuits. Spread 2 tablespoons strawberry butter on cut sides of each biscuit. Fill biscuits with patties. If desired, place 4 cocktail picks in each sandwich, one in each quadrant; cut sandwiches into quarters with serrated knife. Garnish with strawberries.