Molten Chocolate-Espresso Cakes
Recipe Source: Martha Stewart Living | February 2015
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for tin
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus more for tin
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. instant espresso powder
- 1/4 tsp. coarse salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Adapted from marthastewart.com
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Brush 6 cups of a standard muffin tin with butter and dust with sugar; tap out excess. Melt chocolate in a heat-proof bowl set over (not in) a pan of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Let cool.
2. In a bowl, whisk together flour, espresso powder, and salt. With a mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until completely incorporated. Add flour mixture; beat until combined. Beat in vanilla and chocolate.
3. Spoon batter into prepared cups. Bake until cakes no longer jiggle when tin is shaken, 8 to 10 minutes before turning out cakes. Spread ganache-glaze over tops and serve.