Slow cooker Carnitas
- 4 pounds boneless pork roast
- 8 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeño peppers washed, seeded, membrane removed, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bottle Michelob ultra beer
Place roast, chopped garlic cloves in Slow cooker with jalapeño peppers and the chopped bunch of cilantro. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Pour in beer.
Cook on high 4 to 6 hours until fork tender. Remove meat; shred.
This recipe yields 8 servings; 5 carb grams per serving.