- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped drained bottled pimiento
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lump crab meat (drained if using canned)
- 3/4 cup finely-crushed spicy pork rinds
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
In a large bowl whisk together the egg, mayonnaise, mustard, pimiento, parsley, Old Bay Seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, pepper, and salt. Add the crab meat and 1/4 cup of pork rinds, toss the mixture gently.
Spread the remaining 1/2 cup of pork rinds on a plate, form 1/3-cup of mixture gently into 3/4-inch patties (about 8), and coat the top and bottoms of each patty carefully with the pork rinds, transferring to a sheet of waxed paper.
In a large skillet heat the oil and the butter over moderately-high heat. Fry the crab cakes, for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until they are golden. Serve with the lemon wedges.
This recipe yields 8 servings; 1 carb gram per serving.