Chili Con Carne
- 4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice - (15 1/2 oz)
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons chile powder
Brown ground beef in dutch oven. Drain excess fat. Add chopped onion and garlic, and saute until onion is soft. Add tomatoes (with the juice) and cumin. Add chili powder. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
This recipe yields 8 servings; 3 carb grams per serving.