Beef Steak-Potato Scallop
- 1 pound beef round steak, 1 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 3 small onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash thyme
- Dash garlic salt
- 2 cups water
- 3 medium potatoes, pared and thinly sliced
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut meat into 1-inch cubes; coat with flour. Melt shortening in skillet; brown meat.
Add onion; cook and stir until onion is tender.
Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole; sprinkle with 3 tablespoons flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, the pepper, thyme and garlic salt. Pour water over mixture. Cover; bake 45 to 60 minutes or until meat is tender.
Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees. Arrange potatoes on meat; sprinkle with salt and paprika. Bake uncovered about 30 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Tuna Ring With Cheese Sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Orange Fluff 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Beef Tips in the Slow Cooker 5/5 (1 Votes)
- LEMON ALMOND BISCOTTI 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Savory Apple... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Braised Cabbage with Apple and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Harvest Beef Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)