Chicken In Olive-Wine Sauce
- 2 slices bacon cut 1" pieces
- 1 medium onion chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tspn dried rosemary, crumbled)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves - (abt 1 1/4 lbs)
- 1/2 cup pimento-stuffed spanish olives
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Cook bacon, onion, garlic, and rosemary over medium-high heat about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until bacon is crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon. Set aside.
Add chicken to skillet. Cook about 5 minutes, turning frequently, until chicken is browned. Add olives, wine/broth, and bacon. Cover and cook about 12 minutes or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
Place chicken on serving platter; sprinkle with croutons and parsley.
This recipe yields 4 servings.