Chicken And Broccoli Cream Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken cut 1/2" pieces
- 1 large onion minced
- 1 can chicken broth - (14 1/2 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli
- 4 tablespoons oat bran
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup shredded swiss cheese
Heat butter in a large soup pot. Add chicken pieces and onion and saute until the onion is translucent. Add chicken broth, broccoli, oat bran, pepper and salt and simmer over very low heat for 20 minutes.
Add heavy cream and stir. Heat for another minute or two. Do not boil. Place about 2 tablespoons swiss cheese in each individual serving bowl. Spoon soup into each serving bowl and serve.
This recipe yields 5 servings.