Blue Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves - (abt 1 lb total)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted
- 1 package cream cheese - (3 oz) softened
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese - (1 oz)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine melted
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Rinse chicken, pat dry with paper towels. Place each half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Working from center to edges, pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet to 1/4 inch thickness. Remove plastic wrap. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl combine pecans, cream cheese, and blue cheese. Place about 1/4 cup cheese mixture on each chicken piece. Fold in the sides: roll up jelly-roll style, pressing edges to seal.
Place chicken in a 2-quart square baking dish. In a small bowl combine margarine or butter and paprika. Brush chicken with mixture. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
This recipe yields 4 servings.