Early Morning Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal
- 1 large very ripe banana, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp non-dairy butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2-1 tsp chia seed (or ground flax)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8-1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- toppings: heaping 1/2 tbsp peanut butter, nuts, cinnamon, pure maple syrup
- Read more: http://ohsheglows.com/2012/09/06/early-morning-peanut-butter-banana-oatmeal/#ixzz3U0gWGcdz
1. In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, cook the banana and non-dairy butter or oil for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Stir in 1/2 tbsp peanut butter, and add the oats, chia, milk, spices, and a pinch of salt. Whisk well until combined.
3. Bring to a low boil and then reduce heat to a simmer, stirring often for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
4. Scoop into a bowl and top with peanut butter, nuts, cinnamon, and maple syrup.
peanut butter banana oatmeal 4976 Early Morning Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal
Read more: http://ohsheglows.com/2012/09/06/early-morning-peanut-butter-banana-oatmeal/#ixzz3U0gbR6CY