Beef Roast With Parmesan And Cream
- 3 pounds boneless rump roast
- 2 ounces imported parmesan cheese cut 2" by 1/4"
- by 1/4" strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (or beef broth)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated imported parmesan cheese
Make small, deep cuts in all sides of beef with sharp knife. Insert cheese strip completely in each cut.
Heat butter and oil in 4-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat until butter is melted. Cook beef in butter mixture, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Add wine/broth. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
Pour whipping cream over beef; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 2 hours or until beef is tender.
Place beef on warm platter; cover loosely with tent of aluminum foil to keep warm. Skim fat from juices in Dutch oven. Stir grated cheese into juices. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly and scraping particles from bottom of pan. Cut beef into thin slices. Serve with cream sauce.
This recipe yields 10 servings.