Easy Weeknight Chicken Enchiladas: What To Do With Leftover Chicken
Do you have leftover chicken? Spice up your dinner plans by making delicious homemade chicken enchiladas for the whole family.
- 2 cups leftover shredded chicken or turkey
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 flour tortillas (next week I’ll show you how to make your own)
- 1/2 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Premium add on: Sautéed onion, peppers and mushrooms totaling half a cup, use 1/4 cup less chicken.
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from adriennecooks.com
Go ahead and heat your oven to 350°F
MIX salsa and cream of chicken soup together in a bowl.
In another bowl, mix chicken, taco seasoning, cheese, veggies if using, sour cream and ¼ cup of your salsa/soup mixture together until consistent.
FILL the center of each tortilla and roll up. Place the rolled up tortillas in your baking dish (I use a 9 x 13) with the exposed edge side down. Pour your salsa/soup mixture on top making sure to spread it over all the tortilla bits so they don’t get crunchy. Top with more cheese if desired.
BAKE 20 min. or until heated through. Serve with salsa and sour cream.