OVEN EASY BEEF
- 4 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 pkg. (about 3/4 oz.) brown gravy mix
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1-1/3 cups French fried onions, divided
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 400*. In a 12x8 baking dish, combine potatoes, oil and pepper. Firmly press potato mixture evenly across bottom and up sides of dish to form a shell. Bake uncovered, for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile in large skillet, brown ground beef; drain. Stir in water gravy mix and garlic salt; bring to a boil. Add mix vegetables; reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese and 2/3 cup fried onions; spoon into hot potato shell. Reduce oven temperature to 350*. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and 2/3 cup onions; bake uncovered, 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown.