Maple Chai Jasmine Rice Pudding
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 TBSP Maple Moose Chai Tea Mix (found at World Market)
- 1/4 teaspoon Pink sea salt
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 large egg yolks
- chopped pistachios (for garnish)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest (for garnish)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Combine 1 cup milk, 1 1/2 cups water, chai, and salt in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
Lower heat to Medium.
Stir in rice.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
IN A SEPARATE BOWL...Combine remaining 1 cup milk, condensed milk, raisins, and egg yolks, stirring well with a whisk.
Temper your eggs, by gradually adding half of hot milk (and rice) mixture to egg yolk and condensed milk mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk.
Return combined milk mixture to pan.
Cook 10 minutes or until mixture is thick and rice is tender, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat.
Garnish with chopped pistachios and orange zest.