Shrimp Cocktail With Two Sauces
- 24 large or jumbo shrimp
- 2 tablespoons red horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 red bell pepper coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons green salsa
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves stems removed
- 1 green onion coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives or finely-chopped green end of a green onion
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Peel shrimp (leave tails on, if desired). Remove black veins from each shrimp with a small sharp knife; rinse shrimp.
Cook shrimp 3 to 5 minutes just until opaque and cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon and refresh under cold water (shrimp may be made 1 day ahead).
In a food processor or blender, process horseradish, mayonnaise, pepper and Worcestershire sauce until fairly smooth. Transfer to a bowl; clean bowl of food processor.
Process salsa, parsley, onion and oil until fairly smooth. On each serving plate, place 1 tablespoon red sauce and 1 tablespoon green sauce side by side. Spread sauces out toward the edge of the plate with the tip of a knife. Arrange 4 shrimp in a circular pattern over sauce. Sprinkle with chopped chives.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Carbohydrates: 1.5 grams
Net Carbs: 1.5 grams
Protein: 6 grams
Fat: 4 grams