- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- 2 celery stalks thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 cup Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 can reduced-sodium chicken broth - (14 1/2 oz) plus
- 1 cup water
- 1 package frozen cut okra - (10 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pound scrod or other firm white fish cut 1" cubes
- 1/2 pound raw shrimp peeled, deveined
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Hot pepper sauce (optional)
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook green onions, pepper and celery 10 minutes, until softened. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add tomatoes, broth, water, okra, oregano and red-pepper flakes. Cook on low 5 minutes for flavors to blend.
Add fish and shrimp to saucepan; cook 3 to 4 minutes, until seafood is opaque and just cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with hot pepper sauce on the side.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
Net Carbs: 9.5 grams
Fiber: 3.5 grams
Protein: 35.5 grams
Fat: 6 grams