Manhattan Clam Chowder
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can stewed tomatoes - (14 1/2 oz) chopped
- 1 medium zucchini cut 1/2" cubes
- 1 can vegetable broth - (14 1/2 oz)
- 1 bottle clam juice - (8 oz)
- 2 cans chopped clams - (6 1/2 oz ea) undrained
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
In a large soup pot over medium heat, cook bacon until fat is released. Add onion, celery, garlic and thyme. Cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened.
Stir in tomatoes, zucchini, broth and clam juice. Cook 10 minutes, until zucchini is tender. Add clams with their juice. Cook 1 minute, to heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Carbohydrates: 7.5 grams
Net Carbs: 6 grams
Fiber: 1.5 grams
Protein: 6 grams
Fat: 5.5 grams