Santa Fe Chicken Salad
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 8 oz. cooked and shredded skinless lean chicken breast
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels, thawed from frozen
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa or pico de gallo
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tsp. taco seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add bell pepper and onion. Stirring occasionally, cook until softened, 6 - 8 minutes.
Transfer cooked veggies to a large bowl. Add chicken, black beans, corn, cilantro, and scallions. Mix well and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine salsa, sour cream, taco seasoning, and salt. Mix well. Add salsa mixture to the large bowl and toss to coat.
Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Dig in!
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, about 1 cup): 153 calories, 1.5g fat, 466mg sodium, 17.5g carbs, 3g fiber, 6g sugars, 18g protein -- PointsPlus® value 4*