No-Bake Peanut Butter Twix Pie
from Crazy for Crust
- 2 cups of shortbread cookie crumbs (like Lorna Doone, about 30 cookies)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, room temperature (or you can use regular)
- 1 cup peanut butter (If using reduced fat, you may need to lower the amount of sugar.)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 containers (8 ounces each) Cool Whip (fat-free, regular, or sugar-free)
Adapted from crazyforcrust.com
1. Stir cookie crumbs and melted butter with a fork. Press into a 9” pie plate. Chill until ready to fill.
2. Beat cream cheese until smooth with a hand mixer. Mix in peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. Fold in 1 container (8 ounces) Cool Whip. It will require some stirring, but stir carefully. Some lumps will remain. Spread filling into pie crust.
3. Melt semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring between each. They should melt and be smooth in about a minute. Stir in 1 cup (about half of the remaining tub) of Cool Whip. Spread over top of pie.
4. Chill pie overnight (or at least 4 hours) before serving. Serve alone, or with more Cool Whip for garnish.