Golden Cauliflower-Curry Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 medium cauliflower head separated small
- 1 can reduced-sodium chicken broth - (14 1/2 oz) plus
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook 3 minutes, until softened. Stir in curry powder, garlic and ginger; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
Add cauliflower, chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 20 minutes, or until cauliflower is very tender. Stir in cream.
Puree soup in batches in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return soup to saucepan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Heat through before serving; garnish with chives.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Net Carbs: 7.5 grams
Fiber: 4.5 grams
Protein: 5.5 grams
Fat: 18 grams