French Onion Soup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Atkins Bake Mix
- 2 cans reduced-sodium chicken broth - (14 1/2 oz ea)
- 1/2 cup white wine mixed with
- 1/2 cup water - (to 1 cup)
- 4 slices Atkins white bread crusts trimmed, toasted (save the crusts to make bread crumbs)
- 1/2 pound Gruyere cheese shredded
Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium-low heat. Add onions; cook 35 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are very soft and golden brown. Stir in bake mix.
Slowly whisk in one can of chicken broth; pour in remaining can. Add wine mixture. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered 20 minutes.
Heat four soup bowls. Place one slice of toast at bottom of each bowl. Top with a quarter of the cheese. Ladle soup into bowls.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Net Carbs: 8.5 grams
Fiber: 6.5 grams
Protein: 29 grams
Fat: 29.5 grams