- OPTIONAL GARNISH:
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 teaspoons capers finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped celery
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 2 ounces cooked ham finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley or chopped fresh dill
Cut eggs in half lengthwise; scoop out yolks into a bowl. Mix in celery, green onion, ham, mayonnaise and mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide the yolk mixture evenly among the reserved whites, mounding it slightly. Garnish with paprika and parsley if desired. Eggs may be stored, covered in plastic in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 2 grams
Net Carbs: 2 grams
Protein: 12 grams
Fat: 17 grams