Creamy Mushroom Soup II
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots or 1 small onion chopped
- 2 packages mushrooms - (10 oz ea) chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cans reduced-sodium chicken broth - (14 1/2 oz ea)
- 1 1/2 cans water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add shallots, mushrooms and thyme. Cook 10 minutes, until mushroom pieces are lightly browned. Add chicken broth and water.
Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat; add cream. Puree in batches in a blender. Return soup to pot; add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in lemon juice before serving.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Net Carbs: 4 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Protein: 4.5 grams
Fat: 15.5 grams