Creamy Garlic Zucchini And Pea Soup
- 3 cups redued-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup peeled garlic cloves (abt 8 large cloves)
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Pernod (or snipped fresh dill)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper (optional)
In a medium saucepan, bring broth and garlic to a simmer; partially cover and cook 16 minutes, until garlic is very tender.
Add zucchini and cook 6 to 8 minutes, until it is tender but still bright green. Add peas and cook 1 minute more.
With a slotted spoon, transfer solids to a blender and purée until smooth, adding only enough broth to process. Add remaining broth and cream and blend until smooth. Add Pernod or dill, salt and pepper. If serving hot, return to pot to heat through; if serving cold, refrigerate until chilled.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Net Carbs: 7.5 grams
Fiber: 1.5 grams
Protein: 5 grams
Fat: 7 grams
You'll also love
- Lemon-Basil Green Beans 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Kale Ricotta Dumplings With Sage... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash With Fresh Tomato... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spicy And Cheesy Toasted Pumpkin... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Red Swiss Chard With Bacon, Garlic... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Summer Squash Stew With Pasta And... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Zucchini And Yellow Squash Pickles 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Zucchini Casserole 4.3/5 (17 Votes)