Hungarian Cucumber Salad
- 1 English cucumber
- Coarse salt
- 2 TBS distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 3 TBS coarsely chopped dill
1) Slice cucumbers paper thin using the thinnest setting on a mandolin. Place cucumber slices in a colander set over a bowl and sprinkle with 1 tsp salt. Toss to combine; transfer to refrigerator and let drain for at least 30 mins or up to 3 hrs.
2) Meanwhile, combine 1/3 cup water, vinegar, sugar, 1/8 tsp salt and pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
3) Remove cucumbers from refrigerator and squeeze cucumbers to extract as much liquid as possible. Place cucumbers in a serving bowl and toss with reserved vinegar mixture and dill; serve.