Lemoned Beef Kebabs
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 cup oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tblsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp powdered beef broth
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 lbs sirloin tip
- 32 large mushroom caps
- 3 small lemons, score (ends cut flat)
- 3 large red or green peppers, cut into 32 squares
- parsley sprigs (garnish)
In food processer, mince parsley. Add garlic and mince with machine running. Add onion and mince with on/off turns or pulses. Add oil, juice, salt, oregano, broth and pepper and combine in pulses.
Cut meat into 32 cubes about 1 1/2 inches square. Add to marinade and stir to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Several hours before cooking, add mushrooms and toss lightly to coat. Bring to room temperature.
Prepare charcoal grill or, just before ready to cook, preheat broiler.
Slice lemons. Place meat on skewers, alternating with lemon slices, pepper suqares and mushrooms caps. Brush generously with marinade. Broil or grill to desired doneness (if broiling, cook meat 4 inches from heat source). Turn and baste again. Transfer to platter and garnish with parsley.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)