Chicken, Sage And Ham Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 2 cans reduced-sodium chicken broth - (14 1/2 oz ea)
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut 1/2" cubes
- 4 ounces ham chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot; cook 1 minute, until softened. Add broth, water, chicken, ham and sage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook 5 minutes, until chicken is almost cooked through.
Add 1 teaspoon lemon zest, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, pepper and salt. Cook 2 to 3 minutes more.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Net Carbs: 3 grams
Protein: 31.5 grams
Fat: 16 grams