Slow cooker lemon garlic chicken
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium chicken broth powder, or bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped fresh
In a small bowl, mix oregano, salt, and black pepper together, then sprinkle the mixture evenly over the chicken pieces.
Add canola oil to a large, nonstick skillet and start heating over medium heat. When hot, add chicken pieces and brown on both sides (about 3 minutes per side).
Place chicken pieces in slow cooker. Add water, lemon juice, garlic, and chicken broth powder to the skillet, and bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Pour the lemon juice over the chicken in the slow cooker and cover with lid.
Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for about 6 hours. Sprinkle the parsley on top of the chicken about 15-30 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
Serve with cooked pasta or steamed brown rice.
You'll also love
- Texas-Style Peanut Butter Baked... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheesy Ranch Broccoli &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach &Feta-Stuffed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Banana Lactation... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- APPLESAUCE – YOGURT CAKE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CRANBERRY LIME SPARKLERS 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Dump Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic-Lime Grilled Pork... 0/5 (0 Votes)