Chicken Liver Pâte
- 1/2 pound chicken livers
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Low-carb crackers, Atkins toast points or thin rounds of baked eggplant for serving
In a small saucepan, combine chicken livers, broth, green onions and allspice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes until livers are cooked through. Drain and cool 20 minutes.
Transfer mixture to a food processor, add butter and salt and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and freeze 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, beat the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold cream into liver mixture. Transfer to a serving bowl and cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour until chilled.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Carbohydrates: 1.2 grams
Net Carbs: 1.2 grams
Protein: 7 grams
Fat: 11.5 grams