Chicken And Beef Satays With Peanut Dipping Sauce
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 5 garlic cloves chopped
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast - (8 oz) cut 1/2" strips
- 1 beef rib eye steak - (8 oz) trimmed and cut 1/2" strips
- 1/3 cup no-sugar-added peanut butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 packet sugar substitute (such as Splenda - not Nutrasweet)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
You will need 16 ten-inch wooden or bamboo skewers to complete the Satay experience.
Soak skewers in cold water for at least 20 minutes (this prevents burning). In a blender, combine cream, onion, garlic, curry powder, cumin, cayenne and salt; blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and add chicken and beef strips; toss to coat. Cover and marinate at room temperature 15 minutes.
Make dipping sauce: In a blender, combine ingredients and blend until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl. (Sauce can be prepared up to 2 days ahead of time, cover and refrigerate.)
Heat broiler. Thread chicken and beef strips onto the skewers without crowding. Place on an oiled rack in a broiler pan and broil until cooked through, turning once, about 5 minutes. Serve with the dipping sauce.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Net Carbs: 3 grams
Protein: 14 grams
Fat: 8 grams