- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant - (abt 12 oz) peeled, and cut into 1/3" cubes (or 2 Italian eggplants)
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove pressed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 packet brown sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat and add the eggplant, bell pepper, onion, garlic and water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until eggplant is tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Mix in brown sugar substitute, lemon juice, salt, capers and parsley. Cool to room temperature.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Carbohydrates: 5.5 grams
Net Carbs: 4 grams
Fiber: 1.5 grams
Protein: 1 grams
Fat: 9 grams