Roasted Potato Salad with Watercress and Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 lb. small fingerling, Yukon Gold or new
- potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches watercress, large stems removed
Adapted from williams-sonoma.com
Preheat an oven to 400ºF.
In a bowl, combine the potatoes, olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer to a baking sheet or a small roasting pan and roast until the potatoes are tender, golden and crisp, about 1 hour. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and mustard until blended. Add the extra-virgin olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth and emulsified. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, watercress and vinaigrette, to taste, and toss to mix. Divide the salad among individual plates. Serve immediately.