Blue Cheese And Bacon Soup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 leeks, white part only halved lengthwise, washed well and chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower in small florets
- 2 cans reduced-sodium chicken broth - (14 1/2 oz ea)
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- 6 strips bacon cooked, crumbled
Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add leeks, mushrooms and cauliflower. Cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add broth and water; bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until vegetables are very tender.
Puree soup in batches in a blender or food processor. Return pureed soup to soup pot. Add blue cheese to last batch of soup and puree until smooth. Heat through, if necessary. Before serving, top with crumbled bacon.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
Net Carbs: 6.5 grams
Fiber: 1.5 grams
Protein: 11 grams
Fat: 17 grams