Sloppy Joe Pot Pie
- 1 lb ground beef (I think ground turkey or chicken would also work well)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 (15 1/2 oz.) can of sloppy joe sauce (like Manwich)
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup baking mix (like Bisquick)
- 1/2 cup milk (I used skim)
- 1 egg
Adapted from realmomkitchen.com
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In an 10-inch oven proof skillet (mine is more like 12-inch), brown the beef and onion together until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain.
Add sloppy joe sauce to the meat and stir to combine. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheddar cheese.
In a small bowl, mix together the baking mix, milk and egg until combined. Pour over the beef mixture.
Place the skillet in the oven and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden.
Remove fro the oven and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Makes 4-5 servings.